Protecting the privacy of data about you is a responsibility that Thrivent Builds, sponsored by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, takes very seriously. We understand your data is personal, and it is important to you that we keep it confidential.
- Q: What personal information do we gather on our Web site?
- A: When you provide personal information on the Thrivent Builds.com Web site, we may ask that you provide your Member ID and Birthdate to verify your membership with Thrivent Financial.
- Q: What other information do we capture?
- A: The Thrivent Financial Web server automatically recognizes only your IP address when you visit our site as an anonymous visitor. It does not recognize your email address or other personal information. However, we may collect your email address if you communicate with us via email.
Thrivent Financial collects aggregate information about the pages visited within our Web site. We do not track a specific individual's path through our site.
- Q: What do we do with the information we gather?
- A: We use the information we gather about our site visitors in one or more of the following ways:
- To verify your Thrivent Financial membership status.
- To fulfill requests for additional information. Your name and Member ID may be shared with Habitat for Humanity to fulfill orders and/or your donation request.
- To help ensure a safer online environment for our site visitors.
- For general aggregate site visitor analysis and statistical research.
- For marketing purposes to provide you with information about products and services available through Thrivent Financial for Lutherans and/or its affiliated companies.
- Q: How can you update the personal information you provide online?
- A: To update the information you provide us online, please write us at Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, 4321 N. Ballard Rd., Appleton, WI 54919-0001. You also can contact us by calling 800-847-4836 or sending an email to email@example.com
- Q: Do we use cookie technology?
- A: No, the Thrivent Builds Web site does not use permanent cookies technology. Cookies are messages given to your Web browser by a Web server. The browser stores the message on your computer in a text file called cookie.txt. The message is then sent back to the server each time your browser requests that site.
Cookies cannot be used to reveal your email address obtained from your hard drive or learn confidential or personal information about you that you have not already explicitly revealed.
- Q: Do we use encryption technology?
- A: Portions of Thrivent Builds Web site have been built to handle sensitive or confidential information. These pages utilize an Internet method known as Secure Socket Layers (SSL). With SSL engaged, pages are sent to you in an encrypted (scrambled) format and any information you submit to Thrivent Financial or Habitat for Humanity also is encrypted. Encryption is the transformation of data into a form unreadable by anyone who doesn’t have the appropriate decryption key. This method of transferring sensitive data is considered the industry standard for the Internet.
For your security, we highly recommend you update your browser to versions that support SSL. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Apple Safari are three browsers that support these encryption techniques. A solid lock graphic will display when the SSL mode is engaged and the connection is encrypted. If you are not sure if your browser is compatible, check with your service provider.
Thrivent Financial has taken steps to make all information you provide to us as secure as possible against unauthorized access and use, alteration, and/or loss. You should keep in mind, however, that no data transmission over the Internet is 100 percent secure and any information disclosed online can potentially be intercepted and used by unauthorized parties.
- Q: What is our policy for children (individuals under 13 years of age)?
- A: Your children's safety is important to us! We have developed our privacy guidelines in compliance with the requirements outlined by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). No information should be submitted to or posted on our site by children under 13 years of age without consent of their parent or guardian. Thrivent Builds does not knowingly market or solicit to children.
- Q: What about links to other websites from the Thrivent Builds site?
- Q: Do we use web beacons?
- A: Web beacons (also known as web bugs, pixel/page tags and clear GIFs) are used with cookies to monitor the behavior of site visitors based on IP address. Thrivent Financial uses Web beacons on its websites and in email communications for aggregate statistical purposes.
- Q: Questions or Comments?
Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
4321 N. Ballard Rd.
Appleton, WI 54919