Lead a Trip
Let Your Membership in Thrivent Financial Help You Change Lives
Lead other members and volunteers on a trip to another state – or another country. You'll experience a different culture. Learn new skills. Meet new people. And see firsthand the impact your membership can have as you build hope by building homes.
Your enthusiasm, generosity and personal leadership skills can be the catalyst to help your church, family and friends experience a life-changing trip!
Start the Process to Become a Team Leader in Three Easy Steps
- Verify that you meet the team leader requirements (see below).
- Verify your Thrivent Financial membership.
- Complete and submit the team interest form (Word, 82K) to email@example.com.
Effective for 2013 Trips
|Affiliate Donation on Behalf of Thrivent Members|
|Standard itinerary||Team leader's trip cost & flight included||Member||Non-member||Member and advocate of Thrivent Financial||Habitat Global Village In-Person Training||Online TBW training||Online Global Village training modules (6 hours)|
|Premier Destination Trips|
|Starting at $2001||Starting at $4251||$4,000|
|Starting at $4001||Starting at $6251||$8,000|
|Vietnam -Big Build event
|Destination of Choice Trips – Catalog of more than 30 trip locations available|
|Various locations||2||Planned by team leader||$500 more than member||$8,000|
Team Leader Requirements
- Thrivent Financial for Lutherans benefit membership. You are considered a Thrivent Financial benefit member if you are age 16 or older, have applied for and been accepted into membership, and own Thrivent Financial for Lutherans insurance or annuities.
- Participation in at least one international Thrivent Builds Worldwide or Global Village trip (waived for those leading trips in the U.S.).
- Ability to recruit the ideal team size of 10-12 team members.
- Attendance at team leader training.
- Complete a Red Cross First-Aid and CPR certification prior to leading the trip.
- Be at least 24 years old.
- Interview and acceptance by Thrivent Builds Worldwide staff.
Team Leader Training
You will need to obtain team leader training to prepare you for leading your Thrivent Builds Worldwide team. Available training options depend on your specific trip. The Thrivent Builds Worldwide staff will provide you with more details about the following team leader training requirements.
Your Trip Expenses are Covered
We understand the important role played by a Thrivent Builds Worldwide team leader and covering your expenses makes it affordable for you to take the lead in making a difference for the members of your team and around the world.
- Joplin, El Salvador & Costa Rica Premier Destination Trips – Team leader trip costs are automatically covered; travel expenses will be reimbursed on a tiered basis depending on the size of the team you recruit, up to the average flight cost for that area of the world.
- Big Build – Vietnam – Team leader costs are automatically covered; travel expenses will be reimbursed on a tiered basis depending on the size of the team you recruit.
- Destination of Choice – Team leader costs are covered if the team leader chooses to include them in the trip budget.
1 Thrivent Builds volunteer engagement specialist will create a budget with the team leader. The starting trip costs listed do not include car rentals and gas in cases where the team drives to Joplin.
2 Team leader costs are covered for Destination of Choice trips if the team leader chooses to include them in the trip budget.